Posted: 30.06.20 at 12:43 by Kurt Robson
A Malpas pub has announced that it will be reopening its doors to the public at the beginning of the next month.
Following the government's announcement that some hospitality establishments can reopen, the Heron Inn Malpas has said they will be welcoming visitors from July 4th.
The pub is promoting cycling and will feature a bike parking system as well as many new social distancing measures.
Some of the new safety measures:
* Tables will be fully sanitised between each customer.
* Upon arrival at The Heron Inn entrance staff will direct customers to their table.
* Online ordering is now available for all to use via your phone as well as full waitress service for inside tables (socially distanced).
* Sanitising stations will be located throughout the pub, inside, outside and in the toilets.
* Toilets will operate on a one in, one out system.
* Orders for food and drink can only be made with a table number.
* One-way system will be in operation whilst moving around the inside of the pub.
Responding to the announcement, one resident said:
"Nice one. Looks like you've done a great job. We wish you all the luck in the world."
Another resident said: "Can't wait to be down there on the 5th."